On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Bit Gossip wrote:
https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2009-May/013325.html
and only ~40000 arp requests received a reply from M7i
which makes roughly ~222 arp-reply/sec
My conclusion is that the setting for __default_arp_policer__
are perfectly fine and there is no need to apply a custom arp policer to
any interface.

What is the opinion of the experts over there?

There's a drawback to this. __default_arp_policer__ is (AFAIK) global, so an ARP storm on interface X will result in ARP timeouts on interface Y. It's also impossible to track via counters which interface had an ARP storm. Compare e.g.:

JUNIPER-FIREWALL-MIB::jnxFWCounterPacketCount."__default_arp_policer__"."__default_arp_policer__".policer
 = Counter64: 0
JUNIPER-FIREWALL-MIB::jnxFWCounterPacketCount."ARP-POLICER-ge-1/0/0.0-inet-arp"."ARP-POLICER-ge-1/0/0.0-inet-arp".policer
 = Counter64: 0
JUNIPER-FIREWALL-MIB::jnxFWCounterPacketCount."ARP-POLICER-ge-4/0/0.0-inet-arp"."ARP-POLICER-ge-4/0/0.0-inet-arp".policer
 = Counter64: 376

A bit tangential:

If there's an ARP storm, it is often due to an ethernet loop and is actually a broadcast storm. Then I suppose there's also other L2 broadcast traffic that's hitting the RE. 'Family any' L2 policer on loopback would be interesting to test; I've been intending to do that for a while but haven't gotten around to doing so.