Why didn't they name it 'Turbo' ?

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications

j...@via.net
650-207-0372 cell
650-213-1302 office
650-969-2124 fax

On Oct 31, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 05:35:45PM -0700, Judah Scott wrote:
The datasheet for the new MX 3D line cards is a little strange. Assuming that a find-and-replace of "KB" to "K" will make it more coherent, this is

Oh and on the subject of technical fail, what's up with the naming
scheme of the 16x10GE card?

MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP 16 port 10 GbE MPC requires small form factor
pluggable transceiver (SFP+) interfaces

"The 16 port 10GbE fixed configuration MPC for the MX Series 3D
routers provide unprecedented port density and performance for the
metro core and for large enterprises."

What idiot thought "hey I know, let's call this a fixed-configuration
modular port concentrator, instead of a DPC like all the other fixed
config cards we have"? Probably the same one who thought throwing "3D"
into the part numbers made everything cooler. I wonder if the cards come
with glasses that make the logo pop out at you or something. :)

--
Richard A Steenbergen <r...@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras