On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Bill Blackford wrote:

I don't have the session live anymore but my recollection after looking in the syslog is that I was trying to peer up with the loopback address and getting errors that the interface of the local interconnect couldn't establish peer.

I've found that IPv4 IBGP via loopbacks requires specifying 'local-address' to work (Juniper to Juniper) whereas IPv6 IBGP via loopbacks does not. But I never quite figured out why this was so. Could this be similar to your problem?

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  t...@lava.net