Alan,

Actually, I did implement your workaround before with the static host mapping. But that is rather cosmetic when compared to something like the overload bit. In theory (or at least, in *my* theory), setting the IS-IS overload bit in one virtual routing instance should not interfere with IS-IS in another virtual routing instance.

Unfortunately, the observed behavior on the MX platform suggests some form of leaking. I'm just not entirely convinced now that a "virtual router" really means a separate link-state database per virtual router. Within this context, a virtual router should behave just like a physical router --- or like a logical router, for that matter.

Am I mistaken here?

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Jones Hall (Room 18)