That's normal. When RE sends ospf packet over GRE, it constructs the full
packet including the GRE header. So it directly put the packet on the physical
interface for transmission. Hence you don't see it in  tcpdump output on GRE
interface since outgoing interface is set to the physical interface for the
packet.

In the incoming direction, PFE hands off the decapsulated packet to the RE
kernel with GRE as Incoming interface. Hence you see the packet in tcpdump on
GRE interface.

You will see the similar behavior with aggregate interfaces.

Thanks,
Nilesh