On 22/12/10 04:53, Alfred Schweder wrote:
> Does SRX support ssh keepalive (like M- or J-serie)?
>
> SSGs drop the ssh session if they get a keepalive.
> Juniper isn't willing to fix this in the near future ;-(

For my SRX at the office back when I installed it (9.6 IIRC) *TCP*
keepalives would not extend session timeouts, but *SSH* keepalives
worked very well, that's the ServerAliveInterval setting in OpenSSH.

It's arguable whether this is correct, but as everything I use supports
the SSH keepalives it works for me, as well as being much better at
noticing when a connection *does* drop.

--
Julien Goodwin
Studio442