Excellent info. Thanks.  Scenario 1, while admittedly silly, can occur when the
public ip is what's in dns and rather than playing dns tricks (because perhaps
in a given situation dns tricks are not available or are onerous).  Very happy
to hear scenario 2 Just Works.

I'm nabbing an srx100 - not having gear is driving me bonkers..

Thanks again-
Ryan