On 03/10/2011 02:09 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Keegan Holley<keegan.hol...@sungard.com>  said:
I don't think the server should arp for 10.1.1.5 from 10.2.2.2.  Devices
don't usually arp (or answer) for things that aren't in the same subnet.

Can you name anything (other than the EX) that behaves as you describe?

We've seen this cause problems with other (non-Juniper) things. I think Windows barfs on it in certain versions. It's probably a bug in JunOS in theory, but in my experience you'll need to change the ARP sysctl values to be 100% sure of it working.