Keegan,

all of the DPC- cards are EOL since long time (05/31/2009).
Some of the DPCE- cards are also EOL already. For details here is a list
(public):
http://www.juniper.net/support/eol/mseries_hw.html

Of course juniper wants to move customers to MPC hardware so more and
more of the remaining DPCE- cards will go EOL soon.

You probably also mixed up DPC-S and DPCE-X, which is the layer2 card.

Best regards,
Jonas