De : juniper-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net [juniper-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net]
de la part de Richard A Steenbergen [r...@e-gerbil.net]
Date d'envoi : mercredi 18 juillet 2012 20:15
À : Tim Vollebregt
Cc : Juniper-NSP
Objet : Re: [j-nsp] route BGP stall bug

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:03:39AM +0200, Tim Vollebregt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This morning during a maintenance I experienced the route stall bug
> Richard mentioned a few times already on j-nsp.
>
> Hardware kit:
> -MX480 with SCB (non-e)
> -2 x RE-S-1800x4
> -4 x MPC 3D 16x 10GE
> Software version: 10.4R8.5
> During this maintenance I was placing 2 new routing engines into the
> router, replacing the 'old' RE-S-2000. This router is pushing a lot of
> traffic and receiving 14 x full BGP tables from eBGP peers/1 RR
> session to it's 'mate'/several iBGP peers with partial tables

Rest assured this issue is still alive and well in every piece of code
I've ever looked at. I've basically just given up and accepted that
Juniper can't actually handle a large number of routes, and nobody seems
capable of fixing it. EX's are especially bad, I can't get a full fib
installed from a reboot in anything less than an hour, even if I turn
off most of the BGP sessions so it converges faster. Either stop
carrying so many routes (14x full tables = you're screwed), or go buy a
Cisco. :(

--
Richard A Steenbergen <r...@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras

France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete
altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages
that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.