On 8/15/12 9:34 AM, Scott T. Cameron wrote:
The SRX isn't a loadbalancer.

Use something sensible like haproxy, nginx, etc.
We do layer 3 ecmp in front of our load balancer tier and I imagine that would be fairly straight forward to implement with an srx. each destination to be load balanced to is available via several nexthops, in this case the destinations are advertised using a ebgp session originating from a private ASN.

This approach doesn't deal with application health checks or asymmetric load balancing but you can take a destination out of the rotation by withdrawing the routes and if the bgp session drops that happens automatically. l3+l4 hash per flow load balancing is stateless but sticky. it can be implemented on more than one device.

I'm generally down on the idea of putting a stateful firewall in front of a service that accepts unsolicited incoming connections, it will tend to be the least scalable item in the path.

Scott