Hi,
we're deploying to a new environment where there will be about 500 virtual
servers hosted completely on Cisco UCS.  The Core would mostly be hosting
uplinks to the UCS Fabric Interconnects (End Host Mode), inter-vlan routing and
links to service appliances (FW/LB) and the Internet edge routers.  Nearly all
of our traffic is North/South from server to LB to internet or server to LB to
another server.  The core would mostly be routing a few (dozens at most) routes
so RIB/FIB size shouldn't be a great concern.  Most links will be 10G, but
there are a handful of 1G management links.

We're considering either the QFX3500 ( x2) or the EX4450 (x2 as a VC) to fill
this role (or potentially Cisco Nexus 6001)

* are there any L3 benefits of one over the other?  I haven't found clear
numbers in the datasheets
* Has anyone actually used MC-LAG on the QFX3500?  Is it working well? any
caveats?

we've also considered collapsing the edge too, but the cost of say an MX-480
with similar port count is about twice that of an MX-80 + QFX/EX

thanks!
-andy