On 3/8/10 1:53 PM, keegan.hol...@sungard.com wrote:
As with most other "dirty" address ranges these will inevitably be used for something. It's just a fact of life as IPv4 space becomes more and more scarce. For example APNIC has begun assigning addresses in the previously reserved and often hijacked 1.0/8 range.
1/8 assignments were made 4 years ago (1/8 and 27/8 were assigned to apnic on jan 2010)

regarding 240/4 I'm pretty sure that's been a feature request for a while.I probably wouldn't put those on any interface facing hosts.

-----<juniper-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net> wrote: -----

    To: juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net
    From: Chuck Anderson <c...@wpi.edu>
    Sent by: <juniper-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net>
    Date: 03/08/2010 04:08PM
    Subject: [j-nsp] Class E IP addresses

    From 9.6 release notes:

    Class E addresses—The JUNOS Software now allows Class E addresses
    to be
    configured on interfaces. To allow Class E addresses to be
    configured on
    interfaces, remove the Class E prefix from the list of martian
    addresses by
    including the [edit routing-options martians 240/4 orlonger allow]
    configuration
    statement.

    Whoa. What is the use of this? While it sounds like a neat idea to
    reclaim Class E for actual use in this age of IPv4 depletion, the
    idea
    loses its appeal once you realize the huge numbers of legacy devices
    that won't want to have anything to do with Class E.