On 23/09/15 14:38, Peter Tavenier wrote:

There is only a note of duplex, not about the speed:

Indeed.

Note: On EX4300 switches, the interfaces operate in full duplex mode only.

I do see on a EX4300 some links in 100Mb and 1000Mb, don’t have 10Mb devices
attached.

Not sure why this is.

If you mean "why it's only duplex limitations", I'm guessing the device is missing the collision-detect/retransmit hardware for cost reasons. 10/half is pretty rare these days and, in theory, they're pitched as a datacentre device (though we have an IBM tape library which is 10/half on it's management port).

You can force the link up by disabling autoneg, but that comes up duplex-mismatched - 10/full at the EX end, 10/half at the device end.

All very disappointing; we did not think to specify "must comply with IEEE 802.3" in the RFP :o/