On 17/Apr/16 18:09, Saku Ytti wrote:

> Nope. But you need Internet in VRF, if you can't put sufficient filter on lo0.

I just wouldn't buy the platform in the first place, but that's just me.

> Why? I imagine the cost is same. I don't imagine individual route
> entries in RIB or in FIB have table index and even if they do have, I
> do not expect that there is special INET version of that structure in
> hardware, where this index does not exist.

The last time I considered the Internet in a VRF (late 2000's), the
platforms then had different scaling properties with routes in a VRF.
IIRC, the more VRF's the fewer routes per VRF, and vice versa.

Of course, things have come a long way since then, I'm sure, but I don't
run the Internet in a VRF, so don't have hands-on experience with such a
topology (even though it still concerns me).

Is it possible to have as many full BGP sessions on a 16GB RAM control
plane in inet.0/inet6.0 as you would the same in a VRF?

Mark.