Yea, I figured I would need to do something along those lines.

Our CORE is currently dual stacked and running OSPF for v4 and v6 with prefixes
being advertised so that was a little bit more work than desired.

So my fix was leaving everything as is and just changing the next-hop from self
to the IPv4 address of the advertising PE under the v6 group which is basically
what would be happening anyway if I deleted the groups and added everything to
the v4 group.

My overall goal was to try to get IPv6 prefixes to use the same LSP's as their
IPv4 counterparts with as little trouble as possible. (not adding new protocols
or changing existing protocols if possible)

Simplest way I found was just changing the next hop. Everything worked as
expected when that was done.

I just didn't know if there was anything else anyone else was doing of if
anyone came across a similar situation.

I now know about LDPv6, which will be looked into and I still have some
research to do on SPRING.