On 22 Oct 2020, at 12:35 EAT, Gerald wrote:

Am 22.10.20 um 11:14 schrieb Patrick Okui:
Any reason you’re not using j-flow instead? It should be supported
inline and include source/dest ASN (if the router has BGP sessions).

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/inline-sampling-overview.html

Because currently we are still using sFlow-only monitoring software. We will probably went to other flow tools in the future but I had the little hope that we could enable sFlow BGP attributes on the MX in any way without changing our flow monitoring in advance.

ACK.

I’ve always felt Juniper’s implementation of sFLOW was targeted towards bridging so you mostly get attributes a switch would be interested in.

--
patrick