On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Bernd Petrovitsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 17:38 +0530, Pranav Peshwe wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Bernd Petrovitsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >          2. Does it have some relation that in windows in C language int
> size
> >
> >         According to the C standard, sizeof(int) is the native register
> width.
> >         And that is basically defined by the CPU. So if sizeof(int) == 2,
> you
> >         probably have some 16bit microcontroller.
> >
> > Or, you are running an x86 processor in virtual 8086 mode. For eg.
> > running a DOS app under  Linux or Windows.
> >
> > Kindly CMIIW.
>
> Is that actually possible?
> And with which toolchain?

Yes, AFAIK.
Windows supports running apps in VM86 mode out of the box. If Nidhi got
sizeof(int) == 2, then it probably might have been done in Turbo C/C++ which
runs in VM86 mode on windows.
On linux, there are DOSEmu and DOSBox.  Both worked well for me. I had
played Doom 2 on DOSBox :)

Best regards,
Pranav
http://pranavsbrain.peshwe.com