Hi Shaffin,
    I am not able to understand your requirements. If you want to develop &
test kernels, then I dont think you get the source code with any
distribution. Be it redhat (fedora) or debian (ubuntu). In case you want to
do that, you should install a distribution & then also compile & install the
prefered kernel version from www.kernel.org.
   Now coming to GUI - all distributions support GUI interface.

The choice of distribution varies from person to person depending on his
requirements. But from what I have experienced so far * read is that redhat
(fedora) is good from development & debian (ubuntu) is good for GUI &
isntallation on laptops/desktops.