On Tuesday 24 April 2007, Avi Kivity wrote:
> Jeff Chua wrote:
> > On 4/22/07, Avi Kivity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Significant cpu performance improvements (esp. for 32-bit guests on
> >> 64-bit hosts), as well as Windows 2000 support (without acpi).
> >
> > Avi,
> >
> > Ecountered the following error with kvm-20 (external modules) on
> > Linux-2.6.21-rc7.
> >
> > kvm_run: failed entry, reason 7
> > kvm_run returned -8
> >
> > Runs fine with kvm-19 (external modules).
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> I'm missing something:
>
> - what host cpu?
>
> - what host bitness?
>
> - what guest OS?

Hi Avi,

same here, so I will answer in place:

Samsung X11 with Intel Core Duo T2300 with Gentoo Linux and Kernel 2.6.21-rc7
+ kvm-20. Guest OS is Win XP.

Additionally I've patched my kernel with cfs v5 now. I thought that could be
the problem... Jeff, are you running cfs or any non mainline scheduler as
well?
Chris