   - Home <http://persian2english.wordpress.com/>

------------------------------
  <http://persian2english.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/4765/>

<http://persian2english.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/9673.jpg>
 VIDEO | More Videos from February 14th
Protests<http://persian2english.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/video-more-videos-from-february-14th-protests/>

*Street protests lead into the night*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-8xzFvIt2g&feature=player_embedded

*Chants: “Mubarak, Ben Ali, now it’s time for Seyed Ali”*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuWVip259YE&feature=player_embedded

**

*Night chants from the opposition*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqiph5kVw9A&feature=player_embedded

*Protesters attempt to close off street to prevent regime forces from
entering*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6abXMMlB0&feature=player_embedded

*Protesters chant, “Free political prisoners”*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkXu7Heg9k&feature=player_embedded

 Add
comment<http://persian2english.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/video-more-videos-from-february-14th-protests/#respond>February
15, 2011

Clashes at Demonstrator's Tehran Funeral | Updates from Tehran 16 Feb 2011
16:090
Comments<http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2011/02/clashes-at-demonstrators-tehran-funeral.html#disqus_thread>

*Press Roundup provides selected excerpts of news and opinion pieces from
the Iranian and international media. Click on the link to the story to read
it in full. Tehran Bureau has not verified these stories and does not vouch
for their accuracy. The inclusion of various opinions in no way implies
their endorsement by Tehran Bureau. Please refer to the Media Guide to help
put the stories in perspective. You can follow other news items through our
Twitter feed.*

*Iran Standard Time (IRST), GMT+3:30*

*6:00 p.m.* *Homylafayette:* According to eyewitnesses /Arts University
students, not many protesters managed to gain access to the funeral service.
Those who did were corralled and beaten by the Basij in one of the
university halls. Other students outside the radius of the official service
were also beaten with batons and electric batons.

Also, same sources reporting that cinema dept head Ali Akbar Alizad and at
least seven students were arrested this morning. Alizad has now been
released from custody, but many students' whereabouts unknown.

They're saying there's increasing pressure on Jaleh's family to say that he
was a regime supporter. They have refused thus far.

*4:30 p.m.* *From Tehran*: I cannot connect to anyone using my laptop. The
only way I can check emails is through my mobile and only via WIFI. The GPRS
is also not working. BBC Persian programs are completely cut. SMS service is
very limited. (By 2 p.m., slow internet service available again.)

Last night there were guards everywhere. I couldn't go out. I wrote this
poem instead.

*To Roger Waters*

*Luners on TV*

The lights are out
Windows shut
And there is a short crazy bearded man
who wants our throats cut

Phones are controlled
The Internet is blocked
There is a communication breakdown
And a crackdown and a showdown

No nobility in faith anymore or faith in nobility
No border for shame, no shame at all
Only a disgusting portrait of a nation
That was once great and now gone
Only a disfigured statue of a faith
That was once pure and now gone

The Lunatics on TV
Chanting death to us
Madmen in the 'House of the People'
Schizophrenic
Systematically sadistic
In jailing, maiming and shooting to kill
My faith, my brothers and sisters my home

We will not go down to a place where we can hide
It's time to change the tide
We will not let them shut us out or up
And no matter how many wily Turks or Chinamen
Sign contracts while we die in the streets
Satisfy and make the lunatics pleased
We will make our voices heard
We will persevere
This is our home not theirs.

One would dream of violence, of cutting the heads off
the lunes
One would dream of doing, what they have done to us,
those goons
One would then think

wait a minute
hold on a second

Maybe that is what the luners really want.

*Tehran, Wednesday, February 16, 2011*

*Clashes at Demonstrator's Tehran Funeral*

BBC <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12479022> | *Feb 16*

Fresh clashes have erupted in Tehran during the funeral of a student killed
in anti-government protests on Monday, Iranian state television says.

Rival groups of pro- and anti-government protesters both claim the dead man
as one of their supporters.

Saneh Jaleh <http://to.pbs.org/hgQ9Dx>, 26, was among two people killed
during Monday's protests, when thousands of opposition members rallied for
the first time in more than a year.

Wednesday's clash took place during Mr Jaleh's funeral procession, which
started at Tehran University in the centre of the capital, IRIB reported on
its website.

"Students and the people attending the funeral ceremony... have clashed with
a limited number of people apparently linked to the sedition [opposition]
movement and forced them out by chanting slogans of death to hypocrites,"
the report on the state-run channel said.

It gave no details of any injuries.

The BBC's Mohsen Asgari, who attended the ceremony in Tehran, said he did
not see any major clashes. But he said police forces had blocked all the
roads leading to the university and were only allowing in pro-government
supporters.