I just remembered that I don't think I've written on arachne about anything
that's been going on in
my life for the last few months...  Which is quite a lot!

I one week, middle of June, I graduated, got married, and moved to the Bay Area.

Some of you may know I was actually already married for a year - the way that
worked is that we
quietly got legally married in the City Hall last year, for practical purposes,
but this year we
had a big ceremony and reception with guests and such.  One of the reasons for
that was to get
graduation and the wedding in the same week so my parents could visit and see
both, which they did.
They've never been in the US before, since the trip from Poland is expensive,
so it was nice that
they could finally come.

The wedding went very well, sometime soon I'll put info about in in my journal
(http://vole.stanford.edu/weronika/,
click on JOURNAL) - I'm still behind on that.  But there are pictures
(http://vole.stanford.edu/images/wedding/).
It was all in a botanic garden, very pretty, and we designed the ceremony
ourselves (neither of us
is religious, and legally we were already married anyway, so we could do
whatever we wanted).  I did
wear a dress, which is a rare thing... <G>

I didn't manage to make any lace to wear for the wedding, but Tamara made me a
beautiful Milanese
bracelet!  Pictures of that in my lace journal (same webpage, click on the
Journal link under LACE).
Thank you, Tamara!!

Soon after that, me and Geoffrey moved into Stanford couples housing, so now
I'm permanently in the
Bay Area, can go to Cathy's Lace Museum classes every week, and all sorts of
good things.

I did not get into grad school, which I'm actually pretty happy about - now I
get to relax and make
lace for a few months, and I'll look for a job after the summer.

Life is good.

Weronika

--
Weronika Patena