On 3/18/08 12:55 PM, Brenda Paternoster wrote:

These are Unix Manual files - with the extension .MAN They opened for me in Text Edit and in Word, but both
versions show bits of odd formatting code.

I'm sure glad you answered before I did -- I'd forgotten
that the extensions were MAN.  These are plain-text files; I
created them with a word processor that will accept any
three-letter extension, and allows different defaults for different extensions -- MAN stands for "manuscript format".

(Letters had the year they were written as an extension, verse was POT, etc. I miss being able to *use* my extensions! I use PC-Write only for composing HTML these days, since current printers don't have internal fonts.)

So if you can download the files and change the extensions to "txt", they should work.

Since they are dead files, as explained in the HTML index, I went into Z-tree, renamed the files (which for some reason changed them from yellow to white), and re-uploaded them. Then I remembered that the HTML index has to be changed to point to the new files, so I didn't delete the old ones. I'll post when I get around to editing EDIT.HTM.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/