Would someone else verify that this fan is Honiton lace?
I would have said Duchesse or Brugge.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2551810050&category=1208&rd=1>

Interested to hear what other lace-makers think?

Pene Piip

Hi Pene,

I can't tell.  The design is so simple and uncharacteristic of either Honiton or
Duchesse to me.  I am also exceedingly undecided about the relatively large gimp
around all the elements.  Too big for a coarse thread in Honiton and where is the
raised work? Even Honiton "Slugs and Snails" doesn't look like this.  The fillings are
rudimentary although my impression is that they are bobbin worked, not needle worked.
The overall impression of the whole piece is neither Honiton nor Duchesse.

Bottom line:  some weird degenerate part lace.

Patty Dowden

How's that for a solid answer?