In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes
>Hi Bill Hornsby went into the church some years ago. I don't think they do
>much in the lace world now,

On the contrary, Vivienne, Sylvia Hornsby is still trading - the range
was cut down from the extensive list of items they used to carry, but
she supplies essential items for most types of lace as she still
teaches. Hornsbys have now been trading for 30 years, and are very
useful for items such as architect's linen, Battenberg tapes, and the
DMC Broder Machine threads - particularly the colours, which most of the
suppliers seemed to have dropped last year when I needed to order more
of a specific colour - Sylvia had it, as she is still importing the
thread from France. This year I have bought the Ali-gator set of
patterns from her, and one of my students is working a garter to one of
her designs. (Another student is working one of yours, Vivienne, garters
seem to be the in thing at the moment!).

As with most of the lace suppliers, service tends to be either by
return, or within a couple of days of the order being placed. I have
passed her email details on to Noelene, as fax machines do occasionally
have hiccups!

Interestingly, we have recently noticed some of the local "antique"
dealers at craft centres selling Hornsby plastic spangled bobbins - and
trying to get at least three pounds each for them, when they are still
available in the catalogue for just over a sixth of that amount! It
isn't only Ebay that has ridiculous prices for the uninitiated.
--
Jane Partridge