--- Laura Oppedisano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, the sounds of the bobbins on the pillow are
> wonderful.  The rhythm of
> the movements and the motion of the hands set up a
> sort of ZONE in my mind.   .........  I get mentally
into another
> place and off I go.
> We had to put a phone jax near where I work because
> I refused to get up to  find the phone.

I can get caught up in the process of lacemaking, and
lose all track of time.  It's great pleasure to see
the lace growing, bit by bit.  Interruptions are
frowned on.

I solved the phone problem by getting a new phone set
with two wireless phones.  The second one was put
between our chairs so it could be reached without
going to the next room.  It only needs an electric
plug to keep it recharged.

I find the different tones of the different styles of
bobbins very interesting.  I bought one set of old
bobbins because of the 'clink' they made.  Must be the
type of wood.

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon -- with a short sun break between rainstorms