I have been using Gutermann's Silk Twist for gimps and love how they've
come up in my lace.  Great colours and great contrast to my working
threads.

I have used Mulberry silks once before - I bought some of their whitest
silk for the lace for my wedding gown, and it worked up wonderfully.  I
have some left and it'll be for a special project.

I have some other unnamed ecru silk that is in a hank.  Mum picked it up
years ago and I have miles of it.  It makes fabulous lace with a lovely
drape and softness, although it's a bear to undo a messy tally with,
since it's a little fuzzy.  She also bought a cone of grey and a ugly
shade of brown at the same time, and both are nice to work with - except
for retro lace.

Cheers,
Helen, Aussie in Denver