I have had this problem as well, with those mass produced bobbins that we
buy in bulk, the rosewood ones, in fact. It is usually with pieces that have
 been on the pillow for a long time, or stored in a padded, spongy bobbin
holder.  I suspect that if one winds bobbins, works the piece and does not
leave it on  the pillow for 10 years of humid New Jersey summers, the finish
tends not to  transfer to the thread. If you are working diligently and see
it happening, you  can take off the dirty thread and put on new thread. But,
I would say that those  people who can work diligently on a single piece
from beginning to end in short  order are in the minority in our hobby world.
Maybe if you wind very heavy, then  only the layer of thread next to the
bobbin would get discolored.
Sorry, not really a solution for the present problem. I have a bad feeling
that the "stain" from the wood would probably not come out of the lace
threads  too easily, since those things are usually pretty tough to deal with.
Devon

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377040x1201454360/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)