Dear Friends,

As I spangles a few more pairs tonight I recalled that my method was not how I was taught. Over the years I've tried wire (eventually breaks); fishing line (same); and double threading through one way and back the other: all of which took ages to do and I hated it.

So a few years back I bought some of that beading thread from the embroidery shop: it's quite sturdy and has a slight waxy feel to it. Nowadays, I thread the beads in order on a single thickness of this thread; then the bobbin; finally I secure it with a reef knot and dab a tiny bit of Fray Stop (or Fray Check) on the knot. With constant use, none of these have broken yet.

Of course if you use Continental bobbins this does not concern you.

David in Ballarat