I'm very fond of the beauty of Midlands bobbins and their spangles, even though
I now mostly use Swiss or International bobbins (Midlands are too hard to pick
up off a flat block pillow).  But I have lots and lots of Midlands.  I love the
pretty beads for spangles, but I hate the spangle flopping around when I use
the bobbin.

When I spangle, I bring both ends of the wire through the bobbin's hole
(opposite directions), pull the strands to the same side of the bobbin and
twist them together.  I cut the extra wire off and push the twist against the
bobbin alongside the wire.  This gets the ends out of the way and keeps the
spangle rigid.  Certainly not any of the taught methods of spangling.

David, beading thread sounds like a great idea for those that don't mind floppy
spangles.  Most beading threads (including Nymo, the slick-feeling stuff) are
nylon or other meltable synthetic.  The bead stores (at least in the US) sell a
device for "cauterizing" the thread while cutting it off.  It's battery
operated, a rapidly-heated wire that sticks out.  You might be able to use
something like that to finish your bead-thread spangles, instead of glue.  Just
a thought.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com