"I think the canaletto paper is more popular in Europe, but am very curious if
anyone is familiar with it for this purpose (to replace architect's linen."
 Susan

***
"I always connect architect's linen with needle lace, as it's reasonably soft
and
flexible..."Jacquie in Lincolnshire.

***
The query began with a comparable to replace architect's linen, including
canaletto (more predominate in Europe) and went various ways from there.  There
is also a blue stencil paper available in Europe, that is harder to find in the
US.

I am curious firstly, if people have found a good replacement for architect's
linen, and further discussion on any and all related, then the subject was
changed to "prickings."  I think the lines became blurred as there was a
discussion of NA cardstock, which I noted I am familiar, and then Alice was
kind
enough to share detailed information of her pricking's journey and life.

I think some prefer more flexible, or stiffer bases for either technique.  For
instance, I feel my "paper" needs for Honiton on a Honiton pillow, are
different
than say, working torchon on a flatter pillow.

What are most of you using to replace architect's paper, and has anyone tried
canaletto?  It has about 3 coatings, which could make it quite stiff, but
typically fibers like linen and cotton are more pliable and durable than wood
fibers and can soften.

Any and all discussion of any related, is welcomed.

Best,
Susan Reishus