Dear Jo and Others,

Jo has specified good quality fine woven smooth glass curtains.   Please
pay attention to quality and wear over time.

There is a fiber arts safety organization in the U.S. that determined years
 ago that Fiberglass (product name in the U.S.) filaments that can
infiltrate your skin are dangerous, especially if dirty.  Actually, some
artists
using Fiberglass yarns died of blood poisoning.

Therefore, if you use this material whilst lacemaking, be aware  of  the
danger, and visit a doctor immediately if you see any indication that  small
filaments have cut into your skin.

In recent years, there has been an increase in artists using this
material.   Keep this warning in mind if you have yarns that contain
Fiberglass.
Be careful when laundering this material.

If you'd like to know more, Google search "Fiberglass Safety".

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 4/8/2011 12:36:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,