Regarding all forms of needlelace:

I think that Catherine Barley may have developed a technique to handle
this.  She is on Arachne, has written a Batsford book "Needlelace Designs  &
Techniques", and her work is breathtaking - an example is in the  Poppy lace
project.  Through the years, her lace has been published in  The Lace Guild's
bulletins (England).

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 9/21/2012 7:16:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,