BBC Antiques Road Show Find

May we have some feedback, please?  Otherwise, why  should anyone continue
posting lace news here?

Anyone interested in how lace was used to add extra refinement to  an 18th
century sack back gown will appreciate this.  Painted silk  is encountered
in conservation studies.  The reporter  is quite right - the silk and
chemicals in paint do not usually marry  well.  (Something modern artists need
know.)

So, this is about lace, and it is about  conservation.  Both of which need
understanding because of the way lace was  used an embellishment.

My shy lace friend sent this link to me  for you all!

https://www.facebook.com/BBCAntiquesRoadshow/videos/1388719294502644/

Unless I missed it, she does not even  mention the lace!
To learn more about this style of dress, there are pictures (with proper
underpinnings) and a list of books provided at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack-back_gown

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource  Center