On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:19:22 +0300
"Adrian Maier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that sometimes the code-completion (Ctrl-space) is not
> entirely accurate.   I mean,  sometimes it contains class members that
> in fact don't exist  ( the non-existance is detected at compilation time
> ).
>
> For instance :  i have an object    connection: TSQLConnection .
> If later in the code I enter :    connection.   ,  the code-completion
> list contains a procedure CheckConnection.   But the compiler says that
> there is no CheckConnection method.
>
> Where could this kind of discrepancies come from?

I tested: I added sqldblaz to the project dependencies, added sqldb to the
uses section, added a variable connection: TSQLConnection, wrote
'Connection.' and did Ctrl+Space. No CheckConnection.

> Right now I'm running lazarus 0.9.10  (04/04/2006)

>From the date I would say this is 0.9.14.
Maybe this CheckConnection has been removed in the meantime.

In general:
The IDE uses a different approach to find declarations than the compiler.
For example it will find overriden declarations, it uses a less strict type
checking and tries to ignore errors. This way the find declaration works
even while you are writing new code.

Mattias