Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Al Boldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 1. Lazarus ?!?  Cheetah would be a better name, IMHO!
>
> Sounds like cheater.

I know.

> May be good, may be bad.

Definitely good ;)

> > 3. Allow to link in other langs (via plugin eclipse style).
>
> You can link to other languages if they provide c like structures.

Yes, but what I meant was to make the IDE compiler-agnostic, ie. remove its
dependency on FPC as a target compiler, which would make it much more
competitive.

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > Al Boldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > 2. Replace the delphi dfm with a real code init (java style).
> >
> > .lfm need a format that can be easily parsed. Pascal is too powerful. Of
> > course it would not be hard to write a component writer, that writes
> > pascal statements instead of .lfm files. If someone wants to implement
> > that I can help.
>
> You can't, I think.
> Binary properties cannot be expressed as pascal code.
> (thinking bitmaps and so on)

Leave those in a .res file.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On 5/10/06, Al Boldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 2. Replace the delphi dfm with a real code init (java style).
>
> What are the advantages?

Easier component creation control/management via ONE language.

> dfm format is compatible with Delphi, so I can build the same software
> with both.

Yes, so keep a compatibility option.

> > 3. Allow to link in other langs (via plugin eclipse style).
>
> Please send a patch =)

OK, but don't hold your breath :)

Thanks!

--