Tom Verhoeff wrote:
On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:54:55PM +0200, Tom Verhoeff wrote:

When I try to install the FPCUnit package under Lazarus as described in
fpcunit.pdf, the recompile of Lazarus fails on step 5.  I use Mac OS X.

Step 5 (install fpcunitide.lpk) fails with:
svn2revisioninc.pas(187) Error: Can't create assembler file: ./svn2revisioninc.s

It turns out that the permissions of the directories are at the source of
this problem.  I tried it from an administrator account, but that didn't
work.  Then I changed the owner of the whole dirtree at
/usr/local/share/lazarus from root to myself.  This solved the compile
error above.

Two new issues arise:

  *  Why is the installation (on Mac OS X) done in this way?  Apparently
     it breaks the ability to install packages.  How to solve that in
     a user-friendly way?  Who is involved in this part of Lazarus?

I am involved (as the person who made that installer), but I am not a Mac OS X user, so I rely heavily on feedback from the users.

How do you think this can be improved?

     This concerns the recent 0.9.16 release of Lazarus for Mac OS X,
     installed through the accompanying installer.

  *  The compile still fails, but now for a completely different reason:

Compiling /usr/local/share/lazarus/converter/DelphiProject2Laz.pas
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(188,13) Error: Identifier not found
"ExtractOptionsFromDelphiSource"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(434,15) Error: Identifier not found
"ExtractOptionsFromDPK"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(668,72) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(701,71) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(789,65) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "AnsiString",
expected "Boolean"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(830,16) Error: Identifier not found "FindDelphiDOF"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(832,13) Error: Identifier not found
"ExtractOptionsFromDOF"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(837,16) Error: Identifier not found "FindDelphiCFG"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(839,13) Error: Identifier not found
"ExtractOptionsFromCFG"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(919,16) Error: Identifier not found "FindDelphiDOF"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(921,13) Error: Identifier not found
"ExtractOptionsFromDOF"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(926,16) Error: Identifier not found "FindDelphiCFG"
DelphiProject2Laz.pas(928,13) Error: Identifier not found
"ExtractOptionsFromCFG"

This concerns the recent 0.9.16 release of Lazarus for Mac OS X, installed
through the accompanying installer.

No idea.

Vincent