On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Marc Weustink wrote:

> Vincent Snijders wrote:
> > Michael Van Canneyt schreef:

> > > In fact, Free Pascal suppprts including Windows resources in the
> > > binary
> > > on all ELF platforms (e.g. linux). The fpcres program does exactly
> > > that.
> > >
> > > {$R somefile.res}
> > >
> > > will include the resource file in the binary. This feature is enabled
> > > even
> > > in the fixes branch.
> > >
> > > In fact, Lazarus could switch now to using this for including form
> > > files.
> > > This would drastically reduce the memory requirements of all Lazarus
> > > applications.
> >
> > Except for macosx...
>
> I think for macosx/gtk we still can use the current solution, for all others
> we can use real resources.

The only reason it works for ELF only is because the implementor didn't have
time to implement it for mac. It's quite easy, all you need to do is create
some correct binary file with some FPC specific sections in it. That's it.

Anyone with knowledge of the mac binary file specs could do it in less than
2 days.

Obviously, for windows there is no problem at all.

Michael.