On 10/26/06, Alain Michaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
GOOD NEWS: It works! You need the following links:

/usr/lib/libgdk.so -> libgdk-1.2.so.9.1
/usr/lib/libgtk.so -> libgtk-1.2.so.0.9.1
/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.so -> libgdk_pixbuf.so.2.0.0

If you install the package libgdk-pixbuf-devel you don´t need to
manually set the links.

Also untar the file "fpc-src-2.0.3.source.gz"
in /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.0.4

You can also the fpc-src RPM package instead.

SAD NEWS: I get the inferior look-and-feel for the GUI. The problem was
known in SUSE and other distributions. There were many messages about
this a while ago and I think that it is due to the old GTK-1 version not
being much supported by the distributions any more. I do not think that
there is any solution for that problem except to switch to GTK-2 when it
is ready!

Yes, I noticed it too. Recently Andrew Haines fixed 2 of the 3 worse
bugs that prevented the use of the Gtk 2 IDE. Now there is only 1
left, autosize bug causes some dialogs of the IDE to freeze it. Maybe
there are other bugs that prevent correct use of the IDE, but I don´t
know them.

Gtk 2 is purely UTF-8, so migration to Gtk2 IDE will need a Unicode
enabled Win32 interface.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho