Hi all,
I've had some fun looking at the PascalMagick units which Felipe et.
all did - and I must admit to being quite impressed.
This however brings up immediately the question (for me at least) -
how hard would it be to create a loader component similiar to
Imaging4Lazarus which can load images supported by magick into
TPicture ?
That would immediately expand the list of available image formats to
supported Lazarus apps by a very large amount.
The second question I know has been asked before (but I am not aware
of any consensus on it) and it may not be related - how can one go
about adding supported for animated image formats (in particular gif
and mng) to Lazarus ?
Through a TPicture extension ? A completely sepperate component with
animation (and probably double-buffer) support ?

The immediate thought that occurs to me is that gif animations work by
storing each frame in a layer, and using the layer descriptions to
hold the time to display it. So a component with a series of
dynamically created TPicture's which cycles the "visible" property
between them according to the layer descriptions and places one layer
in each TPicture could certainly do it.
Will need some overhead and probably a TTimer integrated but it should
certainly be doable - if you can at least have support to
1) load a single layer from a gif file into a TPicture
2) Get the layer descriptions from the gif file.

I would be happy to code such a component if there is a consensus it
will work like this, and somebody is willing to help me solve the 2
prerequisites (which could be done through a seperate library if
needed - libungif ?)

A.J.

--
A.J. Venter