On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:40:26 +0200
Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 06:52:15PM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > +    end;
> > >    //CheckHeapWrtMemCnt('TXMLConfig.GetValue H');
> > >    //writeln('TXMLConfig.GetValue END Result="',Result,'"');
> > >  end;
> >
> > This would mean '1000' becomes the default value for all attributes,
> > right?
>
> Yes.
>
> > For example GetValue('connectivity/answer_timeout/tag',2) will
> > return 1000 instead of 2.
>
> Only if there is a nodevalue. But yes, that could be a problem.

It is, because there is no function to change this value in TXMLConfig.
The main purpose of TXMLConfig is to get and set some config values,
not to parse an XML document.

> I'm no XML wizard, which is why I actually reused code instead of
> writing my own ( :-))
>
> So what would be (a) more normal rule to distinguish child values from
> attributes?

The Document property gives full access to the internal XML.
I made the FindNode method public, so you can find the node easier.

Mattias