In Oz I'm very used to seeing salary caps in most of the various
sporting leagues here. Does it work? Despite it there are still clubs
that are better supported than others, and those that are
traditionally "big" always seem to fair better than others who still
manage to get themselves into financial trouble.

There is also the brown paper bag scenario where a player who requires
more dosh will get it somehow. Like prohibition, something that is not
wanted will unfortunately see more laws broken.

>From a prem league perspective a salary cap would (perceivably) reduce
English clubs chances of succeding in Europe - therein lies the major
hurdle I think though.