Well the good times are back at ER , after the dross of last season and 3 draws
this , we returned to winning ways, and how. It will never make up for the play
off final humiliation  but yesterday put Watford back in their box. We hammered
them   totally outclassed them from start to finish and 3-0 flattered them.
We did it with some lovely football and very good goals,  and Georginio was at
the heart of it all, fast becoming a fan favourite with his step overs , fancy
footwork and a huge smile on his face.  Not worth £30m ( very few , if any,
are) but looking an excellent and exciting player at this level.
Watford were as poor a side as i have seen for many a season but we made them
look worse as Ampadu and Kamara  ( looking a good buy on this evidence) totally
dominated possession and the midfield battle, allowing our flair players to
shine, Georginio,  Summerville and James , with 2 assists - would have been 3
but Georginio missed a sitter and perhaps should have had a penalty after being
put through by an amazing ball by Piroe , end product at  last- did indeed
shine,  and Piroe showed he is going to score loads
The defence was solid Byram and Shack marauding forward at times and busy
throughout , Cooper and Struik mopped everything up and Meslier,  such a change
after being bombarded with shots,  most of which he failed to save, last
season,  got out of his deckchair and put out his cigar ( so easy had his
afternoon been) to pull off a great save right at the end to keep a 4th, count
them, 1 2 3 4 clean sheet.
Jaiden Anthony came on to top the afternoon off with 2 bits of skill, beating 2
players and having a shot saved, then running onto Georginio' s brilliantly
weighted through ball to finish with aplomb , who the f is Sinisterra?
A great afternoon,  a bit nervy first half when a miss by Georginio , a
disallowed goal by the same player, and good saves from Ampadu  and Summerville
3 times, had us wondering if this would be a repeat of the Sheff Wed game.
A great first goal , another to " copy and put in the book " settled nerves,
Georginio  beat 2 players, fed James who ran forward and picked out Piroe,
stood where the best goal hangers stand and he finished from a yard out. If the
result was ever in doubt that changed 3 minutes later when a James corner was
well met by Byram who headed home from the penalty spot.Then the icing on the
cake- Georginio got the ball in midfield beat a few defenders with an audacious
step over and other fantastic footwork to then feed Anthony who fired home
We knew August would be a car wreck, but we came through it relatively
unscathed in terms of results, and now have a team and manager who we can grow
to love and  who, on recent showings,  have enough quality and strength in
depth to really tear up this league. We won easily yesterday without Gray and
Rodon ( along with Ampadu) our players of the season,  and without Gnonto.  We
have still not seen  Cresswell this season or Bamford,  and Gruev is still
waiting to start, plus Spence
Things are looking good and Farke cotinues to impress.
Happy times are back at ER