-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Anne
Hildrum
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:55 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Criteria you use to add an individual to Legacy?

Hehe, I guess my file is extreemely suspect. Yes I do have thousands in my
family file.
Everybody in it is not related to me, but a great majority is.

We all start differently and do this genealogy stuff different. Is one
better than another,
not in my eyes we have different wishes or goals or wants I guess.

I started out with a family book, wanting to see how I was related to
different people in
it, and later decided I would try to find my ancestors. The problem was I
started with one
community to discover poeple married back and forth between all the
neighbouring communities.

Seeing most of these communities had what we call bygdebooks(farm and family
books) I decided
to enter them all into my file. Poeple I lost in one were refound in
another. Of course there are errors in
them as it might be in my file, because I write a date wrong or something
else. When it comes to my own
family I check censues and churchbooks and what I can find. I also do some
of it when people ask
me for help, so by time more and more gets better researched. Of course they
aren't all researched, but
as time goes by more and more are.

Some says I am just collecting names, I would rather say I am collecting
connections. These people lived on farms,
suddenly some of those might connect to my family, or if not they might
connect to yours.

I have helped lot of people finding their ancestor by the fact that I did
enter all the bygdebooks, sometimes
there are related to me, but other times not. So shame on me for having so
many people in my files,
and making it possible to help others <Smile>

Anne