-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DLevenick
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 12:10 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy on Portable Hard Drive

Yesterday, in the midst of scanning multi-page tiff images I drew the
dreaded message -- "you are running out of hard disk space."  Obviously, I
have to do something for my image files. I plan to buy a portable hard disk
to hold scanned images to use with my laptop. My question is. . . if I want
to link these files to my Legacy individuals, should I put my Legacy files
on the portable drive as well? Or, will it slow things down too much? Would
I run the application itself from the portable, too; or, leave the app on my
main C Drive, and just put the data on the portable?

I should say that I am using these images with a database program, and also
with Clooz.

My current Legacy file is tiny, still in its infancy, and I plan to migrate
to Version 7 as soon as possible.

Any comments gratefully accepted,
Denise