To the best of my knowledge, you cannot color code a single individual.  If
I'm wrong, others will correct me and I'll learn something too.

The "Surety" field is generally used for this kind of stuff, but that's
connected to sources (Source Detail).  You could, however, use sources to
document this.  I'm assuming you found that person X is the child of
parents Y and Z from some source.  That source perhaps provided the name.
In the source detail for name, you can select a lower surety level, and add
any notes (Text/Comments) you wish.  If you don't wish to use the name
field, you can also attach Sources to the person, generally ("Unspecified")

Another alternative, if you wish to see it on the Family View, is to create
either a Child Status or Relationship to your liking and record it for each
suspect child.  The Child Status will show on the Family View.  Keep in
mind you can only select one Status or Relationship -- so if the child is
both a twin and stillborn, sorry, pick one from the Status (a potential
Legacy suggestion?!)

Scott