I just read an excellent book called THE BASQUE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.  The analysis is a little twisted sometimes because they author does not have a clear class analysis but he doesn't exclude it.  I have meet a Basque activist and have seen some of their literature and have been doing human rights support for decades.  However, I was vastly uninformed on this issue.  It really ticks me off how much our media has underreported the post World War II torture and killings by Franco and his successors in Spain.  And didn't report that France extradited Basques to Spain who were then executed.  Another example of the US (and other European nations in this case) allying with a right wing dictator.  The US media always portrayed Franco as a benevolent dictator.  Do we have any journalists who are not whores?