On 29/09/14 09:33, Nicolas Bertrand wrote:
Finally a 1st optimization patch for jpeg2000!
To start: an easy one.

The main help I need: is where and how to put the SSE optimzation in the
x86 directory.

We should put in the wiki some information about it (since now we do support also intrinsics).

The steps could be:

- IF you want to use intrinsics for x86 (IIRC they do not give decent results)
  - add intrinsics_sse in INTRINSICS_LIST
  - add a dependency as done by intrinsics_neon_deps
  - add a check like the neon one
  - put the file in libavcodec/sse/ as had been done with neon

- IF you feel motivated you can convert it to yasm and use it, eventually somebody will do that anyway since the speed gain is usually compelling and the x86inc syntactic sugar makes quite less-painful compared to other asm approaches.

Anybody against intrinsics can be constructive and show Nicolas how to use yasm, possibly writing a tutorial in the wiki.

lu