Hi ...

I have been playing with libev (ev++ in C++11) for a while now in a pure async setup for a while, and I have to say libev is a small but really nice peace of work, so thanks Mark :-)

I needed to implement a set of long poll like function in some existing code base that uses, normal synchronous worker threads as the base of operation. These worker threads also works using database connections (PG), and other things (curl).

The thing is ... this works amazingly, until I try to startup this app as a daemon (fork). And yes, when i start it as i daemon i make sure to call ev::post_fork(), and my default loop starts up as it is supposed to (but later or lazy really), without any problems (in its own libev thread), but it seems like any socket connections made after the fork between ev::post_fork() and ev::default_loop().run() are invalid after calling run.

Is something happening inside ev::default_loop().run(), what may hurt existing sockets when using ev::post_fork() ?

Are there something obvious I am missing ?

Regards

/BL