I'm having trouble finding answers to my questions.
I'm looking for an example of a call to Postgres' async interface,
libpq(PQsendQuery/PQgetResult).

Example Google searches that return no results:
ev_async PQsendQuery
ev_run PQsendQuery
ev_run PQgetResult
PQgetResult site:lists.schmorp.de/pipermail/libev/

Consequently, I'm inclined to conclude that I'm trying to do something I am not
supposed to do.

I have a PSGI app that sits between NGINX and PostgreSQL that I want to
replace. I believe PSGI forks on each request. The child accepts a request,
decrypts the user's cookie, then uses the cookie info to connect to Postgres as
that user. The data comes back, the PSGI app wraps it in a response, sends it
back to the user and exits.

I want to use ev_async and PQsendQuery/PQgetResult to replace this PSGI
application. My questions are:

Is Libev the appropriate tool for this or is there something better? (Why can't
I find an example?)

Is ev_async the proper watcher in this case?

Can someone give me a three sentence explanation on how to go about this? (use
x watcher, use idle for y, use a timer for z)

I was looking at adapting STUD (The Scalable TLS Unwrapping Daemon ) for this
but the Ringbuffer is everywhere. I think it would be easier to get Libev and
Libpq working together and then add SSL (to replace NGINX) after that.

Regards,

Justin Tocci
Programmer
www.workflowproducts.com